Our chiropractic office is considered ESSENTIAL healthcare to ease the burden on the critical care offices like emergency rooms and hospitals. This statement has been confirmed with local government officials.
We will remain open to serve our community during this crisis.
Our Commitment to You:
– We are disinfecting our tables and equipment between each patient visit including hand washing
– We are sanitizing all areas of high touch points multiple times throughout the day
– We have notified our at risk or sick patients to stay home or seek medical care
– We have altered our schedule to limit the number of people in office and keep recommended distance between patients.
Chiropractic and immunity:
There are well-established connections between the nervous system and your immune system. Research and history support the positive effects of chiropractic adjustments. -Ari Cohn, Journal Vertebral Subluxation research 9-2008. (for further reading, see below)
I urge you to resist the temptation to forgo your chiropractic care – if anything, it’s time to increase your focus on your spine, nerve system, and the immunity boost you need by getting chiropractic adjustments.
I remain committed to you and the health of your family,
Yours in Health,
Boost Immunity Naturally with Chiro Care!
The following are clinical studies or documented cases which have shown that Chiropractic care naturally boosts the immunity of patients by 48% in certain treatments and up to 400% in other treatments.
- Author Katie Gilbert’s great article, “Immune Boost: This is a Spinal Zap covering how immune function is greatly improved with regular chiropractic care” was published in Psychology Today, 24 August 2006. It contained the following Interesting paragraph on the flu: “Chiropractic care was first linked to improved immunity during the deadly flu epidemic of 1917 and 1918. The funny thing was: Chiropractic patients fared better than the general population. This observation spurred a study of the field. The data reported that flu victims under chiropractic care had an estimated .25 percent death rate, a lot less than the normal rate of 5 percent among flu victims who did not receive chiropractic care.” This equates to Chiropractic patients having a 20-fold (20 times better) result.
- A study performed by the chief of cancer prevention at New York’s Preventive Medicine Institute and professor of medicine at New York University – Ronald Pero, MD, Ph.D. In his 3-year study Dr. Pero found that the 107 chiropractic patients had a 200% greater immune competence than people who had not received chiropractic care, and in fact a 400% greater immune competence than other people who had cancer or other serious disease. Further he found that the immune system superiority of those under chiropractic care did not diminish with age. Dr. Pero commented, “I have never seen a group other than this chiropractic group experience a 200% increase over the normal patients, this is why it is so dramatically important.” Specifically, the study demonstrated that the cells responsible for engulfing and destroying viruses, bacteria, parasites and cancer cells are anywhere from 2 times to 4 times more active in people who get regular chiropractic care. Scientifically the study demonstrated that the “phagocytic respiratory burst of polymorphonuclear neutrophils (PMN) and monocytes were enhanced in people that had been adjusted by chiropractors.”
study looked at certain immune system cells and found that they were stronger
in several ways after patients had had their spines adjusted. It demonstrated
that upper thoracic spinal manipulation resulted in markers indicating
significant increased phagocytic activity of neutrophils and monocytes (the
cells in our body that kill viruses and bacteria). Those same differences did
not show up in patients who’d been “sham treated” (physically manipulated but
not adjusted), nor in those who just had their soft-tissues worked on.
P. C. Brennan, PhD et Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics (1991); 14: 399-408.
- Two studies performed by JA Teodorczyk-Injeyan, MSc, PhD. Show significant increase in immune response following spinal adjustments to the thoracic spine.
- . An enhanced production of T lymphocyte cells (white blood cells that actively destroy infected cells, as well as signal other immune cells to participate in the immune response) following a thoracic spinal adjustment.
- Chirop. Osteopat. (2010); 18:26. Caused a significant increase in the synthesis of IgG (an antibody found in all body fluids that protects against bacterial and viral infections) and IgM (an antibody found in blood and lymph fluid that fight off new infections)
e) Another study published in Chiropractic Research Journal, 1994; 3(1) showed that Chiropractic adjustments to the upper cervical spine caused a 48% increase in immune cell counts in AIDS patients. At the same time for the control group who did not receive any Chiropractic care, the immune cell counts fell 8%.